(Last Updated: 16 February 2021)
BASIC PROTECTIVE PLAN DETAILS
All Spaceship’s Storage Plans and Moving Services include a free basic Protective Plan which provides protective coverage against loss or damages to the User’s Items and Property during the provision of Spaceship’s services, subject to conditions and exclusions.
Coverage for Loss or Damage to Item(s): For loss or damages to eligible items, the Protective Plan reimburses you for the lower of the loss or damage at the rate of SGD 1.00 per kilogram per eligible item loss or damage, or the value of the depreciated second-hand replacement value of the eligible item loss or damaged, up to a maximum of SGD 200.00 per Item. The reimbursement is not on the value of the items but rather on an item-by-item basis per kilogram of the item’s weight and does not include pair or set clause.
Coverage for each item is on an Article basis. For the avoidance of doubt, when two or more items are packed into one carton or box or bundled together, shall carton, box, or bundle shall count as one Article.
Coverage for Loss or Damage to the Premise / Property (e.g. damage to walls, floors, handrails, stairs): Up to a maximum of SGD 500.00 per User for repair works only, including a deductible of SGD 80.00 to be first paid by the User for any repair works.
The total aggregate amount of Loss or Damage to Item(s) and or the Premise shall not, under any circumstances, exceed an aggregate of SGD 1,500.00 per User for the entire duration that the User uses Spaceship’s services.
If you use Spaceship to handle, transport and or store your items that are worth more than the amounts reflected in the Protective Plan, either individually or in aggregate, you do so at your own risk. Spaceship recommends that you purchase additional insurance from a third party to directly cover your items handled, transported and stored by Spaceship.
EXCLUSION OF ITEMS AND TYPE OF DAMAGES FROM PROTECTIVE COVERAGE
There are items where the likelihood of damages during handling, transportation and or storage is especially high, in spite of precaution taken to keep your items safe. These include items that are fragile and items that require specialised handling or specialised crating. There are also risks of the occurrence of events that are not controlled by Spaceship such as items being packed by you that do not have sufficient protective padding.
For the purpose of communication and setting the right expectations, if you choose to have the items in the excluded list handled, moved and or stored by Spaceship, you explicitly agree to waive off all of Spaceship’s liability for potential damages and acknowledge that the excluded items are not eligible for any reimbursement under the Protective Plan through our claims process.
The following items are not eligible and are excluded from the Protective Plan:
- Guitars and other musical instruments not in a hard case
- Table games (e.g. pinball machines, foosball tables, arcade cabinets),
- Items that are in boxes or containers
- Loose electronics including without limitation, servers, speakers, computers, TVs, monitors
- Items with mirror/glass panels, glass tops, statues, items made entirely of glass or fragile materials, and, other large fragile décor, neon signages, altars, vases, antiques, ornaments and arched lamps
- Items where any part is crafted from marble, granite, natural or manufactured stone, or furniture made from particleboard (small particles of wood that are compressed together)
- Items that require professional crating (e.g. Large TVs, chandeliers, large mirrors)
- Items that require specialised handling (e.g Pianos)
- Kitchenware and cutleries
- Oil paintings, other oil-based artwork, or artwork that is sensitive to changes in environment, large framed artwork with any single dimension larger than 1 metre
- Valuable documents including currency, bonds, deeds, stock certifications, personal documents
- Any item of exceptional value where the replacement value is greater than SGD 100 per kg including fine art, antique furniture, autographed or special edition books or memorabilia, furs, fine musical instruments, digital files, sentimental items, historical artefacts, jewellery and all unique or rare items that cannot be replaced or whose value substantially exceeds the cost of a similar new item.
The following types of loss or damage are excluded from the Protective Plan:
- Any derangement of musical instruments, mechanical devices, electronic appliances or devices
- Defects, misalignment, chips, cracks, modification, adjustments to items that are disassembled or assembled by Spaceship
- Damages or loss caused by the event of force majeure, including without limitation, fire, flood, rain, explosion, thefts, acts done by malicious intent by law, or any event outside the control of Spaceship
- Any oxidation, dis-colouration, scratching, chipping, denting, pre-existing defects, growth of mould or mildew, contamination by smell or odour, rusting, tarnishing, corrosion, and or gradual deterioration
- Any cracks, dents, or other damages to plastic boxes, containers, bags
- Loss or damage to any internal part of any item, loss or damage to documents and or data, whether in hardcopy or stored on electronic devices, or any reconstruction or reinstatement of such data
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, whether in contract or tort (including negligence), the maximum amount of Spaceship’s liability for any loss or damages to items or property is limited to the amount of the basic Protective Plan. For excluded items and excluded types of damages, Spaceship disclaims all liability for damages, defects, or other claims related to the loss or damage to items tendered, handled, transported or stored, howsoever caused.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event, shall Spaceship, its directors, employees, suppliers, contractors, agents, or representatives be liable for any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including without limitation, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses that result from the use of, or inability to use Spaceship’s services.
SUBMITTING A CLAIM
In the unfortunate event that something is damaged or goes missing, Spaceship has a claims process. To initiate this, please contact our Customer Support by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For loss or damage to item(s), you must initiate a claim within five (5) days of delivery of the item(s) and provide any additional information requested by Spaceship in a timely manner to facilitate the claims process. Such information may include photos, a detailed description of the item(s) and purchase receipts. This process generally takes about four weeks from the time we’ve collected all the information. In the case of a missing item, Spaceship shall undergo a search of our records to see if we can locate your Item, and often will require your cooperation to do so.
In the case of property damages (damage to walls, handrails, floors, etc), you must initiate a claim within three (3) days of the appointment when the damaged occurred. If the total of your property damage claim exceeds SGD 300.00, we will require two (2) repair estimates for considerations.
Regardless of the status of the claim, you are still responsible for paying all of Spaceship’s fees, even if the fees associated with an item that is involved in a claim. You will not initiate a chargeback or make other attempts to recoup fees paid to Spaceship at any time. Your failure to pay any fees or your initiation of a chargeback process will be considered by Spaceship when determining the outcome of your claim.